Friday, December 16, 2011

my trip to PRAGUE blog



I woke up 4:45 last Friday morning to go to Prague. Needless to say I was exhausted when I got to the airport at 6am. But the good news is I checked in and got through security in approximately four minutes, so I had an hour and a half to do nothing before my three hours of doing nothing on the plane. I had a layover in Barcelona and a short five hours after I left Seville, I arrived in Prague.



Bill (nickname of my lacrosse friend Lindsay) gave me some instructions regarding how to get to her house from the airport. Luckily, everyone I encountered in Prague spoke English, because Czech is not a language I can even kind of understand. On the half hour bus ride from the airport to I noticed about 3 mcdonalds and 5 KFCs. I know that america’s nasty food chains are all over the world, but for some reason I was shocked/surprised by the number of chains I saw.


My weekend was filled with lots of sightseeing, beer drinking, and going into stores to keep warm. It was a good 30 degrees colder there than it is in Seville. Although I am from New York, my four years in California really thinned my blood. Luckily, the people of Prague believe in heating their building. (side note-my school no longer turns the heat on because of something about the price of oil, ergo it's really cold inside and joanna is not very happy)


Bill and Ted, my other lacrosse friend (yes as in Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventures) showed me a good time. I met their new study abroad friends. I ate some delicious food including a fried cheese sandwich, some delicious version of a hot dog, and hot wine, mmmmmm. and beer of course.

*my fried cheese sandwich


Since I was there so close to Christmas, the city was filled with Christmas markets and Christmas trees. Decorations make me so happy!


Prague is a really beautiful city. I am so glad I had the opportunity to go! Thanks to Bill and Ted for an awesome weekend.



PS-After almost three months of promises, I finally went kayaking with Ismael today! It was not the most beautiful day but I still really enjoyed it. Kayaking is a cool way to see the city. But unfortunately it's not as easy as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment